ThinkPad T60 battery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ThinkPad T60 battery

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Evolution of the Big TV

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

The Evolution of the Big TV Empty
PostSubject: The Evolution of the Big TV   The Evolution of the Big TV EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:45 pm

I purchased a 29' television more than 11 years ago. I wanted to outfit our apartment with a decent home theater system, along with a few other gadgets and toys because I was newly married. That TV became our pride and joy and it served us very well over the years and to this day. But my wife told me a few months ago, that she realized that our television is now outdated in terms of functionality, features and size.
My younger sister's boyfriend went out and purchased a 42' plasma television a couple of months ago. This very big TV dwarfed our modest television in size. Since they do most of their movie watching my sister's new place, he wanted to keep the TV at that place. However, somehow my sister wasn't overly impressed with the enormous TV.
This is because she found that the difference in picture quality and sheer size made little difference to her enjoyment. She was not impressed when she heard how much he paid, and had a chance to watch a couple of movies on this monster. They decided to send that big TV back to the store in favor of a much smaller, economical model after much discussion. My sister is now completely happy with her reasonably sized television and with the surround sound system.
A few months ago, my parents also purchased a very big TV. They went for the 42' Sony with plasma screen. The reason for this purchase is quite hilarious. You see, my parents previously had a late model, 32' television in their living room. However, it drove my mother crazy to have that big TV sitting out plain view for all to see. This is because she has some strange 1950's mentality that it's somehow inappropriate for one to show off their TV set.
As a result, my mother insisted that my father purchase a new model that would sit flush with the edge of their wall unit, and that could be enclosed behind doors of some fashion. Of course, my father jumped at the opportunity to blow a wad of cash in the blink of an eye by buying an expensive and very big TV. Then he came home to make plans for some type of doors.
My father he spent three days rigging up a bamboo blind because he somehow thought that using this oddity to conceal this big TV would make a great fashion statement. People can now be driven to distraction trying to figure out what on earth is hidden behind that blind when they come to visit. In any case, my father is happy because he was given a chance to benefit from one of my mother's whims.
Back to top Go down
https://thinkpad-t60.forumotion.com

The Evolution of the Big TV
Page 1 of 1